Saturday, July 27, 2013

Collection of poems from 6th and 7th grade

Quintet
God's Fruits
God's fruits have the smell of heavenly air
God's fruits are the sun, the moon and the stars
Sweetness like love and wisdom are God's fruits
The fruits wear soft, silky and smooth bathrobes
You can hear the sound of joy, peace and cheer



Cinquain
My Bedtime Carebear
Me, him
Sleep on the clouds
Only on moon-full nights
Mysteries, secretively
Me, him

Cries
Why is this heart crying out loud?
Are the cries bitter like vinegar?
Are the cries heart-wrenching like Cinder's?
Will it ever stop moping around?
Unless.. it was filled with sweets and sugar!


Diamante
Tasty vegetable Healthy vegetable
French fries
Sweet and salty
Love it! Smelly, yummy, squishy
Cool, McDonald, vegetables?; yucky, greeny
Healthy, smell bad, flowery, hardy
Huge and round
Broccoli


Limerick
There once was a man called Marcus
Whom lost his paintbrush in his heart
He had his surgery
In the planet Mercury
And then he let out his last fart


Haiku
Physical Education
What is P.E. like?
Sweat? Being fit? Or get stressed?
Having many fun!


Alphabetic Poem
The animal's party
Adder, alligator, alpaca, and antelope
Baboon, badger, may be barracuda, too
Camel, caribou and the cool common cent
Do decoy, deer and dormouse all meet here?
Elk, eel and emu? Where else can they be?
Face to face with ferret, fox and unforgettable falcon
Got the goons in gull, galah and grouse?
Hawk didn't eat the honeybee or the hornet!
It eat the ibis, impala and inchworm
Jaguar ate jam with jellyfish stuffed jackrabbit
Kangaroo kicked kittens to the killdeer
Loon had let the lotus fly to the lynx
Macaw and magpie made mink a mane
Nightingale bore a newt in her nest
Octopus and otter went out to the ocean
Passenger pigeon gave panda a peppermint
Quail quizzed quetzal about Queens
Rattle snake gave robin a rhododendron
Seahorse were playing seesaw with the seashell on the sea
Tulips were given to tarantula by tapir
United Kingdom uses unicorns instead of horses
Vulture is the only vet in the veneer
Woodpecker made a wolf statue by his waterbed
X-mas was meant for animals x-cept x-ray scared them
Yak made yoke for yellow jacket
Zebra ate zinnia and zucchini


Narration
The door said "Hello!", as I walked in the house.
Its doorknob shook my hand, and squeaked like a mouse.
Opening in front of me: my world, where I would fly free.

Inside, Max, my dog, lying
With my cat - Nermal, cuddling
They raised their heads and ears
As I walked into the room, quietly

Max stood up, and smiled at me
"I've missed you lots, you see!"
He nuzzled me in happiness
His smile brightened my day again

Nermal jumped on my lap swiftly
Kind, beady eyes looked straight at me
Speaking right into my ming
"You're back, so now I'm fine!"
His purrs kept me petting him forever

How I wish that time wouldn't fly!
How I wish I didn't leave them behind!
For then Max-the dog had died
And Nermal-the kindest kitty, was eaten alive
I cannot hide my sadness
Somehow, I feel the guiltiness


Abstract
NightTime
As the moon shone above our heads,
God told me a story I'll never forget
Of when Vietnam and America first met.

Wind whined at the wounding windows
Turnip tossed and tooted at the turn of days
Laughter looped and leaked through lines

The anger in their hearts were devilish and cruel
Their flaming eyes burnt down the enemies
Their burning weapons, like devil's horns

The dull moon soon hid behind the blue smog
The door creaked, and peaked at the sickness
The light may stay, but the clouds pray to leave

Bombs boomed as time flies on
Bullets shot, zoomed, teared the sky
A loud crash whooshed through the night

As the whale sail, the storm cry no more
The day sang and rang, a song so delightful
Not far from sight, the sun once again shined.


Emotional
The Blues
Whenever I am lonely, I grab the phone
I dialed the number of my dearest friend
And that one, whom which I'll talk to for hours

But, before:
Whenever I was lonely, I opened a wooden door
Running into my mom's arms, I told her
Every single hurt and burden I kept inside
She'll listen, and share the pain with me
We'll talk till morning comes if I'm helpless
We'll snuggle all night long if I'm scared

That's why I've loved her,
With all my heart.


Acrostic
Grade Six
Great and funny
Really good friend
Accommodating and confident
Difficult to work with and indifferent
Eerie, sinister, and kinda creepy

Sensitive, sweet and totally sexy
Incredibly intelligent
X-mas is the best holiday


Sonnet
Everytime I wander
Looking up the sky, wishing you are here
Staring at the stars, thinking they're your eyes
I thought I might love you, I always fear
I always want you stay here by my side

The times I tried to fly I always failed
Without your love, I cannot concentrate
You had made me feel like a nightingale
I fly all around, with love full of faith

Sometimes I got sad, sometimes I might hide
Maybe I will run, and don't want to stay
But when I saw you, I feel very fine
When you are for me, I am much okay

I know I was born to make you happy
I know you would love me for being me

Quiet Love
Does quiet love of a broken heart exist?
Yes, for I had a broken love in me.
A boy with a cold-heart started it, you see!
My heart is surrounded by fog of mist,
For then the love from me he had resist
I wish he was a gift I've got for free,
I would drink him, if he was the blue sea.
If he's a star, I'd catch him, but I'd miss.

But still the love he gave me was a bliss.
I sat with him in a blue lagoon.

I tasted his warm lips from his hot kiss.
Oh, I wish his love didn't end so soon,
For he gave me a love I couldn't miss!
How I hope his heart will come back at noon.


Free Verse
My friends
I have old friends and new friends
My friends are good in someway
They are kind in somewhere inside
They are lovely somehow
But some of them get on my nerves
I sometimes wonder
Are they good friends
Or bad friends of mine?
They are kind when time's good
They left me there
Whenever I went low
I might get mad
And some way sad
But I'm glad
To have friends
In new school like this
Forget their faults
I planned to do
But they never give me a chance
Remember little kindness
I thought I should
But never got a chance to pay back
However I'm still glad
To be friends with them


Repetition
Hallelujah
The angels in the sky sang
"Alle, alle, allelujah!"
Hallelujah
The harps twinkled softly
Like a sweet lullaby
Hallelujah
Lightning bolted, thunder thumped
As the heaven cracked open
Hallelujah
"Holy and glorious Lord", they sang
Make way for the almighty God
Hallelujah
And He began to speak
As the ground trembled beneath
Hallelujah
Voice as loud
Yet calm like waves at night
Hallelujah
"Angels", He said
"Let us bless the world another day!"
Hallelujah
The angels hurried to work
Sending the lambs sweet dreams
Hallelujah
They prayed for all corners on Earth
Remember the phrase "Bless you!"





No comments:

Post a Comment