Saturday, October 12, 2013

Why I Sleep So Much...

I keep having dreams about you
because in my dreams
you would answer me
every night, without fail


I keep having dreams about you
because you would reply
if I could ask you
if I could manage to talk to you
properly


If you're going to see me in your dreams
then meet me in reality
If you're going to ask me if I love you
then tell me that you love me too


In my dreams
my feelings are just as great
as strong
as when I'm awake
cause I love you so much
too much


When I talk to you outside of my dreams
I say things I shouldn't
and can't say things I should
so I don't talk to you much


In my dreams
without losing control
without making any mistakes
I can talk to you
and tell you how I feel
and...


I feel jealous of my own dreams
cause my dream-self can do so much
more than I
That's how much I love you


Only in my dreams can you hear me
I love you
Only in my dreams can I say this to you


Only in my dreams can I say everything to you
I want to be asleep forever
I want to fill you up with my feelings
There is nothing I can't tell you here


In my dreams
I can lock you up
In this world of night
in this silence
together with me


These dreams that may never come true
all of these words that I could never say
I want to lock them all up


In my dreams
feelings I've locked up within myself
feelings for you so strong that I could not contain
I couldn't keep it all within myself
I love you so much
too much


Dreams are not enough though
to let me reach to you
Only in a place
frozen
distant
can I find you there waiting
for me


How I wish those dreams
in this world so ordinary
come alive
and overwhelm me
that I may live in dreams
that I may sleep
forever


No comments:

Post a Comment