Sunday, November 9, 2014

5 Stages of Grief

Stage 1: Isolation and Denial
             I couldn't endure it
             So I'm throwing it all out
             I couldn't erase you
             So I'm erasing
                          my emotions
                          my thoughts
                          my memories
             Everything of you

Stage 2: Anger
             In the end
             Love is just a lie
             I'm a coward
                          for trying to hold on
             Stop ruining me
             Stop breaking me
             Stop cutting me with your sharp, knife-like words
             I need to burn up the remaining memories


Stage 3: Bargaining
             Your face spreads throughout my heart
                          solicits around my mind
             I cried
             Something went terribly wrong
             Please don't forget me
             Please don't erase me
             You found your way back into my heart
                          I think
             It's dangerous
             It's pointless
             I miss you even more
             I lied – I couldn't forget you
             Nowhere to run or hide from you
             If I stay, it hurts
             If I let you go, it hurts even more
             Please look at me
             Don't let me forget you
                          I can't
                          I don't want to

Stage 4: Depression
             This place is deeper than a dream within a dream
             There's no confidence in escaping
             I just need to eat and sleep through this
             I say it's okay
                          (let me free)
             I say it's better for me
                          (let me breathe)
             I try to live like this
             I try to be alive
             Why can't I?

Stage 5: Acceptance
             This is the end of the road
             My heart is limping
             Holding it in my hand
             I choose a life for me
             Take a deep breath
             Let out a deep sigh
                          and Rip you out from my heart
             A silent scream
                          Images
                          Sentiments
                          floating around
             No more
             I'll forget you


No comments:

Post a Comment